I bring this up because I've really been down on myself lately about the way I look. Matt and I went to Minneapolis this weekend to have a mini-honeymoon. While Matt spent some time at Cheapo Records, I wandered over to Lake Calhoun. It was a beautiful sunny day, so there were plenty of guys out jogging - shirtless. Admiring the scenery, I couldn't help but get a little sad that I was not in any shape to do the same thing. In addition, knowing my genetics, even if I worked my ass off to get in shape, that I wouldn't be able to approach those guys that I was ogling.
As I approach 40, I'm really regretting not making fitness a priority, but that's something that I can work to correct. But I have to admit, I wish I had been born with a different set of physical genetics.
Robert, it's never too late to start working out and focusing on fitness.
ReplyDeleteThanks Shane. I've been doing the Couch to 5K program for the past few weeks. I've gotten much better at running, but the weight is still staying on. I have to start watching what I eat and get to the gym more often.
ReplyDeleteIt's just frustrating seeing so many hot guys and
A - ruing the fact that I didn't make an effort to be in shape when it was easier
and
B - hating my genetics that will never allow me to look like the guys that I'm drooling over.
But it's never too late to take that first step.