The basic rules are that, once challenged, a person can either dump a bucket of ice water over their heads, videotape it, and then challenge three other people to do it, or make a donation for ALS research.
Dozens of athletes, celebrities and regular folk have gotten into it.
ESPN ran a story on how the challenge started. I'm not normally moved by stories like this, but I have to admit, it got to me.
We have district GM Meeting coming up next week. I want to challenge by Boss to take part.
ReplyDeleteThe question is, who's gonna challenge you to do it so that you can challenge the Boss?
DeleteWait. They're dumping the ice water on themselves to avoid having to donate to ALS research? People are so reluctant to donate to a charity that they'd rather dump ice water over themselves? Wow!
ReplyDeleteActually most people who are doing the challenge actually make a donation to ALS. From what I've read, just in the past month various ALS charities have raised $10 million versus a bit less than $2 million last year. So it is having a positive outcome.
DeleteAnd welcome to the blog Professor! Glad to have you reading!
DeleteI just hope that even if you DO IT, you STILL make a contribution to ALS research!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
LOL Oh yeah, if challenged, I'd do both. :-)
Delete