Monday, December 8, 2014

Me and My Fitbit....

My Fitbit wristband.
Feel free to ignore the furry arm.
...strollin down the avenue.

I turned 43 a few weeks ago and for my birthday I asked the hubby for a Fitbit.

Fitbit is a line of wearable fitness trackers.  Mine counts how many steps I take per day along with how much activity I partake in.  It also acts as a silent alarm.  I can program it using the Fitbit app on my phone.

I like to joke that it's my court-mandated tracking device as I wear it 24/7.  I can ever wear it in the shower.

The goal is to walk 10,000 steps each day.

When it was warmer, I was doing really well at making the 10,000 step goal.  Since the weather has turned colder, I haven't been as successful.

The Fitbit helps serve as a reminder for me of what I can do and who I can be.  I just have to allow myself to let the fit guy trapped inside of me out. :-)

Tomorrow marks my return to the gym.  It's been a while and honestly, I'm nervous about heading back.  But the anti-anxiety meds have really taken hold and I'm feeling the urge to go get sweaty.

Wish me luck.

Love you Awesome Nerds.
Robert

13 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! 43 spanks... OUCH! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Unless one is into that sort of thing....

      And just remember, when I get trim and fit, I'm coming down to Texas for a fashion consultation!

      Delete
  2. Yeah man, I can 100% identify with you. I SOOOO need to go back. SOOOO badly. Does the FitBit thingie motivate you? Is it the idea that you're not working at it, or that you spent the money? My phone is my communications. I get 40-50 emails a day, numerous Facebook updates, texts from the boy, Whatsapp from the other boys...I'm a busy boy...but I still sit too damn much. But more stuff on the phone is like...YUK! Please help.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fitbit is motivation in that I want to hit the 10,000 step mark each day. I found that I was checking the app on my phone a lot early on, but the "newness" has worn off and I check it maybe once a day. The device syncs automatically through bluetooth.

      I live too much on my phone as it is. LOL Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and I get emails for school through there as well. I am at least getting it to the point where I put it in airplane mode when I go to bed so that I don't get any late night interruptions.

      Glad to have you reading the blog! Whereabouts are your from?

      Delete
    2. It's me, JAY FROM VA!!! Now at http://www.jgmurphy.org/wp, with a new g00g13 account. Ignore the display name. Look at my sig...

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete
    3. OMG of course! Why didn't I look at the signature. LOL

      I think I need to go to bed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

      Delete
    4. BTW, could you please change my blogroll URL to http://www.jgmurphy.org/wp? I'm running my own wordpress site now. Tired of the hassles on the others.
      Thanks!
      Jay

      Delete
    5. Ok, I think I got it fixed. :-)

      Delete
  3. I need to sleep, too!
    Glad the reconnection has been made! I am slippery these days. Investing in UP+UP from Target! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it cool? is it worth it? I am fancying getting one for someone for a christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just got a hint from my bro that he is buying me one for the holiday. i am an avid runner and this would be perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?! You wear it in the shower?! What's the point of showering with you at the gym if you're not going to be completely naked. Geez.

    ReplyDelete