This fall I joined an LGBT bowling league. I've enjoyed it and have made some really good friends in the process. We bowl on Tuesday nights, and that brings up an interesting problem.
Follow me on this....
Yesterday I had my annual physical. During the poking and prodding, my doctor looked at my hands and asked me about a bump on my right ring finger. I had the bump for seven years and thought it was just a callous that acted up every once in a while.
"I'm pretty sure it's a wart," he told me. He offered to freeze it off using liquid nitrogen.
I've not had a wart treated before, so I had no idea what would be the result. He explained that it would blister a little, scab over, and then flake off. I told him to go ahead and treat it. No muss, no fuss - it stung for about 30 seconds.
Then this morning, I woke up with a blister the size of a pea - on one of my bowling fingers.
Uh oh.
Our school nurse wrapped the finger up and it's actually feeling pretty good. But we'll see how it reacts to the wear and tear of 3 games of bowling.
I'm hopeful.
Love you Awesome Nerds!

Aye, as soon as I saw it I thought 'wart'.
ReplyDeleteLOL. Where were you 7 years ago?
DeleteThe swelling has definitely gone down since this morning. I'm really hoping the freezing treatment does the trick. It'll be nice to be able to write without irritating it.
I had one of those on my pinkie. It fell off, or disappeared, or whatever, all by itself.
ReplyDeleteI had warts as a child. I guess I just assumed they disappeared with the 1950s! They got rid of mine with some sort of stuff they spread on them, but my brother had to go through the freezing treatment. I remember he screamed bloody murder and I stopped complaining about the goop they put on my hand.
ReplyDeleteAs a kid, I had warts. Lots of warts. I still have the scars from the ones that were BURNED off. Others were "frozen" off. It was awful, but I am free of warts except the ones that grow with old age!!!
ReplyDeleteAs to the finger...I got roped into a high school bowling league. My fingers had NEVER had blisters until I finally figured out which balls I could handle properly (no snickering out there, damn it!). It was hard to write in class when two or three fingers were nearly bleeding!!!
Peace <3
Jay
Our school nurse wrapped it up really well, so I didn't even feel the blister while I bowled (although it made gripping the ball a little tricky).
DeleteI bowled in high school as well, but it was only in a club. Bowling was also one of my two, required, "physical activity" classes. It was a fun class.
And I'm sure you're VERY good at handling balls properly. ;-)
I've NEVER had luck w the freezing of a wart. They literally mangled my hand. But did find a much cheaper product - and one that didn't make my finger hurt or blister.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.blobbysblog.com/2012/03/shopping-with-blobby-yet-another.html
Hmmmm. If the freezing treatment I had doesn't work, I may look into using those!
Delete