Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Ugly Truth

Matt and I have about 13 months until we get married. I've made it a goal to be in better shape by July 2010. For the past few weeks I've been going over to the Lied Rec Center at Iowa State to workout with my friend Andy.  Later this week we are going to set formal goals for each of us to shoot for.

Yesterday I had a small mole on my back removed and today I needed to remove the bandages that the doctor had applied. The mole was on a part of my back that was very difficult to reach and it took me a while to get the bandage off. In the course of twisting like a pretzel to remove the bandage, I had the opportunity to really look at my body. I didn't like what I saw.

I've been overweight my entire adult life. I realized that when we look at ourselves in the mirror, that we have have our own perspective and don't really see how they look. Today I saw how overweight I am. Over the next couple of days I'll be setting goals for myself for how I want my body to look like in one year.  

I've heard that if you repeat an activity every day for 2 to 3 weeks that it becomes habit. My first goal is to get my ass to Lied each morning to at least do cardio.  I want to keep doing that when school starts so that I get exercise before I go to school each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment