Don't get me wrong, I know that families eat out all the time and the majority of them are well behaved. But for the life of me, it drives me up the wall when kids are screaming at the top of their lungs, throwing a tantrum, running around, etc., while the parents are seemingly oblivious to it or give that "awwww, aren't they cute" look. Ugh. Nothing gets under my skin more than to hear a toddler screech at the top of their lungs. It's my "nails on a chalkboard" noise. And it seems like in EVERY restaurant that Matt and I go to, there's "THAT" kid.
I seriously want to go up to these parents and ask them, "do you not realize that there are other people who would like to eat without having to hear YOUR kid?"
I've always respected my brother for the way he has raised my two nephews. When either of the boys began to build to a "melt down" he took them out of the restaurant for them to calm down. He and my sister-in-law taught the boys how to behave themselves while in a restaurant. The kids could still be kids, but they weren't a bother to other tables around them.
If I were a braver man I would go up and say something but knowing my luck, I'd get punched in the face.
I think when you become a parent a gene gets turned on that make you deaf to your own kid's cries and screams.
ReplyDelete