Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not the best of days

It was a rough election day here in Iowa. As in the rest of the country, Republicans scored major victories in most of the state offices including the governor's office.

The biggest loss was in the vote to retain three of the Supreme Court justices who ruled that same-sex marriage should be allowed in Iowa. There was a vicious and misleading campaign led by the most evil man in Iowa, Bob Vander Platts. The vote certainly felt like a referendum on the issue of gay marriage, with each of the three justices losing by a wide margin.

The retention loss felt so personally to me and for most of the day both Matt and I were very down. But this afternoon Keith Urban's "Only You Can Love Me This Way" video came on GAC. The song was our "first dance" at our wedding and it reminded me that no matter what happens, I am MARRIED to the man I love and NO ONE can take that away.

1 comment: