Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bump - Set - Spike

I played Rec League Volleyball today.  I was asked to join a team last year and was looking forward to playing.  My team plays in the B- co-ed league and in all honesty.... we're not very good.  We lost both matches today but I felt like I played really well.  I felt like I had to play out of my mind to cover for my teammates.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm some great player, because I'm not, but I am mobile and since I've started playing I have gotten much better.  I will run anywhere on the court I need to get to a ball.  I can't say the same for my teammates.  They are older and not in the best of shape.  There are a couple of guys who have good skills, but I can't say the same of the women on the team.  I really like them as people, but as a team I am frustrated (and there are times I wanna scream).  I want to get better as a player, but I just don't feel like I can do that on this team.  I know this is a rec league and it's supposed to be fun, but I want to feel like I'm on a competitive team.

I'm forced to ask myself if I truly want to stay with this team?  And if I don't, how do I got about finding a new team to play with?

No comments:

Post a Comment