Jim from Jim's Stuff issued a new challenge along the lines of the "Throwback Thursday" photos. Each Sunday, I'm to post a "selfie" and blog about whatever I want. So I'm accepting that challenge (it gives me a reason to blog).
The past couple of weeks have been adventurous. I spent 6 days in Pensacola helping my Mom pack up her residence and move the belongings to Iowa. She's moving here after 30 years in Florida. It's time. She'll be working at my school as an Educational Assistant and I'm looking forward to seeing her on a more regular basis.
The week in Pensacola wasn't easy. It was difficult for Mom to say goodbye to certain things and to decide what to take and what to leave. On the last day in the city, Matt flew down. He and I drove the U-Haul truck up to Iowa, while Mom went to Jacksonville to visit my brother and his family.
The drive to Iowa was long and mostly uneventful. We did stop in Sikeston, Missouri to have lunch with our Flower Gurl, Heather. The restaurant, Lambert's Cafe, is famous for their "throw'd rolls". The kid with the rolls would stand on one end of the dining room and throw them to people who wanted them. The guy had pinpoint accuracy and the rolls were freaking delicious!!!!
Since I got back from Florida, the trip really caught up with me. I was working my butt off and trying to keep my stress level under control. This week I was exhausted and I've just felt off. I haven't been to the gym and I've felt it. I really understand the saying, "a body in motion tends to stay in motion, a body at rest tends to remain at rest."
Thinking about it today, before I left for Florida I was active almost every day at the gym. Since I've been back, it's just been easier not to go. I've convinced myself that my body simply needed the rest, and I'm sure that for a few days that was the case. But now, it's time to get back on the horse and drag my ass to work out.

HELLO GORGEOUS! a twins fan, eh?
ReplyDeleteI am a Twins fan. Of course every year they break my heart. :-)
ReplyDelete