Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Selfie - Scruff Edition


I'm loving the Sunday Selfie project started by Jim.  I took today's selfie out behind the house and from looking at it, yes I need a shave.  

Here's the thing - I hate shaving, but I also hate having a beard.  LOL  Oh these First World Problems! 

I have sensitive skin, which means that when I shave everyday, I get pretty good razor burn.  In addition, I'm never able to shave really close, so even after I shave it looks like I have 5 o'clock shadow at 8 am.  Any thoughts on how to beat razor burn would be greatly appreciated.

On the other hand, I could let my beard grow out and go with that look.  I had a beard in college, and a goatee for years (up until a few weeks ago), but I hated how it itched my face.  So I've settled on the clean shaven look, just not on the weekend.

Alright.  Time to get ready for school tomorrow.  I've so wasted this weekend.  teehee

4 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with shaving. Due to my sensitive skin, I can only shave every other day.

    My tips on shaving... do it right after a hot shower. When I'm done, I use Lubriderm lotion. I've been doing it for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lubriderm! Got it! I will definitely try it. I really have to shave everyday because of my teaching position. I don't think they'd really have a problem if I didn't, I just feel I need to for "professionalism". lol

      Delete
  2. I hate shaving. What a pain. Lubriderm is pretty good, but I also buy good quality gel shave cream, and use sharp blades. All help. But you're a fine looking guy either way!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw shucks. Thanks Jay! You're making me blush. :-)

    I do use a great shave gel. I try to extend the blades as long as possible which may be part of the problem. Damn those things are EXPENSIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete