Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The 40 by 40 - Goal #1

So to meet my goal of blogging at least 75% of the year, I thought I'd write about each of my goals and why they made the list.

Goal #1 - Lose 40 by 40

There's a reason this is my first goal - I've been overweight for so long that I don't know what it's like not to be overweight. Over the spring and summer I had taken up running, the Couch to 5K program, and saw some success and will resume that in the next couple of weeks.

I haven't been able to work out recently because I've had some lower back issues that I finally saw my doctor about today. She discovered that I have a muscle spasm about the size of a fist in my lower back. So I'm hoping the medicine that she put me on will help release it and allow it to heal.

My plan is to do an official weigh in every three months on the 22nd of January, April, July and then ... October. Look for a photo of myself in the next couple of days to serve as a baseline. As opposed to my other goals, this one will definitely be a long term goal.

So that's goal #1. Look for some mini-goals to fall under this goal. I am such an "outliner" teehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment