Now that I'm making a little more money at my new school, that provided me the opportunity to fulfill Goal #12 - Get a Professional Massage.
My friend Andy recommended his masseur in Ames and it was worth every penny I paid for it. When I first met Nate, we sat down and actually discussed what my problem areas were (my neck and lower back). Because I was also recovering from a head cold, Nate also decided to focus on my sinus areas to hopefully clear up my congestion.
Let me just say the massage was AMAZING! Nate did a great job at finding the knots in my lower back, the ones that have been plaguing me for over a year now, applying a good amount of pressure and getting them to release. From there he moved to my neck (where I carry a lot of tension) and worked wonders on that. The following hour was everything I needed. When Nate finished up, I was the most relaxed I had been in a long time. Nate knew the exact amount of pressure to use and was great about communicating with me to make sure that I was getting exactly what I needed out of his work.
I'm pretty sure that I am going to make this a monthly treat. My lower back problems have been off and on since August of last year. I've tried muscle relaxers, pain killers and chiropractic care to help relieve it. I can't help but wonder how this all would have been better had I just not seen a massage therapist earlier.
Robert, I get one about every 6 months and always like them, but my other half gets one at least once a month and swears by them.
ReplyDelete