Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Saturday Jam


This is one of my Top 5 favorite songs of all time!

I don't think this song gets the credit it deserves for just how awesome it is.  Plus the video is just damn sexy.  

When I hear "If", it takes me back to my grad school days in Tallahassee.  I was obsessed with this song - watched the video about 100,000 times (give or take a few thousand).  I'm pretty sure that the people who lived in the apartments around mine were ready to kill me.  LOL

And even better, I was thrilled that I was able to snag tickets to see her "Janet" world tour when it came to Tallahassee.  In high school I was lucky to get tickets to see George Michael's final show of the "Faith" tour and it was one of the best shows I had ever seen.  So getting tickets to see Janet was going to add to my list of great show.

Alas, Janet had to cancel the show due to illness and she didn't reschedule.  Turned out that "If" was the opening number of the show.  Oh I would have been in heaven!  But alas it was not meant to be.  I never did get to see Janet perform live. :-(

Of course every time this song comes on, I crank up the volume and rock out.

2 comments:

  1. she samples "someday we'll be together" (diana ross) 17 seconds (and again at 3:10) into the video.

    then it sounds like "larger than life" (backstreet boys).

    and some of the dance moves remind me of "cold hearted" (paula abdul).

    all over the musical map!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence, we were talking about music at work the other day and the subject of Janet popped up. I asked, "Where is she, I miss her?"

    I too adore Janet, although I have not had the honor of seeing her live. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete