Now I’m a gay guy, so I’m a little vain. Over the years I’ve taken to having my
husband shave my back using an electric razor, but that usually only lasts
about 3, maybe 4, weeks. I swear,
my pelt grows like a weed! Then
inevitably, we do it all over again.
So my friend Michael suggested I try “sugaring”. It’s a process similar to waxing that
removes the hair and leaves you skin baby-butt smooth. Plus I read that it was supposedly less
painful than waxing. The “sugar”
material is made just from sugar, water and lemon juice. It apparently originated in the Middle
East and is starting to gain popularity in the U.S.
I showed up for my appointment a little early and I guess I
looked a little nervous (in truth, I WAS). Stephanie, my sugarer, was great; answering every single
question I had and explaining the process in detail. Then, it started.
I can’t say the process was painless, far from it
actually. There were a few times
when I thought I was gonna pass out from the pain. But the pain passed and I got through it. Stephanie did tell me that the more
often I get my back done, the less painful it will be. My back has never been smoother AND
there really wasn’t a negative reaction afterwards (no bumps or burns on my
skin).
I think I’ll be doing this again. Gulp.
OMB, do you know how much I LOVES me a hairy beary guy? but, sadly, you are already married. and so am I. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI can tell you that, as you age, the growth slows down, or even stops.
smooches!
I never had a problem with back hair, until I hit 40. It's so funny, my Hubby shaves my back too. So romantic, right? I've never heard of the sugar technique. I'll have to check it out.
ReplyDelete