In the weeks leading up to us coming back, I helped my Mom move to central Iowa along with Matt and my trip to Washington D.C.. I really didn't have any time to get up to school to work, so on Monday I felt like I was starting at Square One. In addition, I found out I will be mentoring a 1st year teacher AND I was selected to be a 7th grade Team Leader (which means a lot more work, but more money in my paycheck). One the plus side, my mentee is amazing and many of my co-workers were very excited that I was the one chosen for Team Leader (I've only been at the school for two years).
So with everything, I feel about 70% ready for tomorrow. The first couple of days are primarily for getting to know the kids and figuring out schedules, etc. I'm excited to meet my new students and to start helping them discover math.
On Saturday though, I am SOOOOOOOO sleeping in. LOL
Tonight Matt made a wonderful dinner for me. Now it's time to dance......
good luck tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteFor being at the school for such a short time, it sounds like you're doing quite well. Mentoring & a Team Leader, you should be proud!
ReplyDeleteI'm on the other side. Hubby and I will be attending "Meet The Teacher" tonight with Jr. He's going to be in 5th grade!!! Why do they have to grow up?
Good Luck on the new school year!!! XOXO
I don't know how long you've been teaching, but you sound like most of the teachers I know - you can step into the classroom and just git 'er done! I'm sure it will go smoothly for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat math do you teach 7th graders? I know here we're pushing algebra in 8th, so they can be ready for calc by 12th. Seems OK if you're a kid who gets math and likes it!
We don't start until the Tuesday after Labor Day, thanks to Virginia's Kings Dominion Law. But us technology folks are up to our ears in work, looking forward to the start of school when things will actually slow down a bit, even with 40,000 users coming online!
Again, hope you first day is smooth and grand!
Peace <3
Jay
MAC - Thanks so much for the encouragement. The day went very well.
ReplyDeleteI hope "meet the teacher" night went well. I had my first gay parents come in a couple of years ago (a very nice lesbian couple). Why can't I get the hot gay dads? LOL
Jay - I've been teaching 13 years. We focus on finishing up the basics of math in addition to teaching pre-Algebra topics.
I'll possibly be teaching Algebra in the next couple of year. I taught it at my last school and loved it. I'm very excited about the possibility of teaching it again. :-)