This is why I love Ames....
My Mom has moved to Ames and we are in the process of finding things for her new place. Mom is a very savvy shopper and loves a great find at Goodwill. Today we were there and found a great Lane sleeper sofa. It was in incredible condition. Furniture at Goodwill is 50% off if you can take it right away.
So, I don't have a truck and none of my friends one. Yikes! I'm sitting there in Goodwill texting like a crazy man trying to find anyone with a vehicle to use. Meanwhile, my Mom is working her magic. She approaches one gentleman who didn't have a truck, but then she asked a college student who was more than happy to move it.
The guy was great and it turned out he was a math education major at ISU. We did give him some money for hauling it for us and I also gave him my contact information for when he needs to do observations.
In other cities we might not have been so lucky, but in Ames, it just seems par for the course. :-)
"I've always depended upon the kindness of strangers." - blanche dubois
ReplyDeleteThere are still some Knights in Shining Armor out there, you may just have to look a little harder.
ReplyDelete