Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Why Georgia?


I've always been amazed at how a song, scent, picture, taste or feeling will bring back an intense memory.

Last night the hubby and I were in JCPenney's doing some window shopping.  This song played on the in-store music system, I just stopped.  Few songs have a truly emotional effect on me and this is one of them.  Mayer captures what I was feeling living in Tallahassee after graduate school - kinda lost and directionless.  "Room For Squares" is one of my all-time favorite albums and this is by far my favorite song.

What songs bring back memories (good or bad) for you?

3 comments:

  1. Music has always played a major role in my life. I'll hear certain songs and memories will instantly pop up. It reminds me of yet another song, by Trisha Yearwood, The Song Remembers When.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1989 - I was diagnosed with cancer. my fight song was "I won't back down". well, I didn't and I'm still here 24 years later.

    2002 - a good friend of mine died; when I hear "wonderful world" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNO72aCnVr0) I think of him.

    without music, my life would suck big time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete