Thursday, January 9, 2014

Back to Work.....

And suddenly it's been nearly a week since I've blogged.

Wow.

Note - I'm watching "Pitch Perfect" right now, so I keep getting distracted.  It's Aca-Awesome.

After my misadventures on Friday, I had a decent weekend. Saturday I got in my workout and got a hydrotherapy massage (it felt pretty good). Matt and I had dinner with friends and just hung out.  It felt good and was the kind of day I was hoping to have on Friday.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

Sunday I had planned to work on grading papers (the ones I had put off grading for two weeks...whoops).  Of course, then the POLAR VORTEX moved in and all I could do was watch tv as I anticipated our school district would call off school since the wind chill would in the -30 to -50 degree (Fahrenheit) range.  No one wants to be out in that kind of cold weather.  So, my papers just kinda sat there (okay, I did get one set graded).

Mom was supposed to bring over her car to park in the garage, but again, it wouldn't start.  Ugh.  I was pretty sure it was a frozen fuel line (she had less than a half a tank of gas), but we wouldn't be able to confirm that until the temperature rose above 0.

Monday school was cancelled, so I actually was able to get those papers graded. YAY! It was nice to have one more day off. Plus, we got a two-hour late start on Tuesday - WOOHOO!!!! And yes, I did actually go out on Monday.  I thought my face was gonna freeze off.

Oh and here I am burying the lead --- FLORIDA STATE!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Monday night was GREAT!  Well, okay, the first half of the game sucked and I was pretty pissed about how badly the Seminoles were playing. But the second half was amazing and my alma mater claimed the BCS National Championship.  It was amazing night. I still have to order my championship t-shirt. :-)

It did feel good to be back at school on Tuesday, although about 2 hours into the day I needed a serious nap (staying up until 12:30 the night before surely didn't help). It's always hard coming back to school after an extended break. For me, I get out of my normal sleeping pattern and it takes me a few days to get used not staying up later and on a few days, sleeping late. So hopefully next week I'll feel more myself at school.

Wednesday night we got to see the Iowa State women's basketball team improve to a perfect 14-0 record. I have no idea how this season will end, but I'm loving the ride so far. ISU's men's team is also undefeated (same 14-0 record). It's been pretty special and in Ames, we're not taking it for granted.

Tomorrow is a workout day with Kyle, my trainer.  I'm looking forward to him kicking my ass.

Until next time......



Oh yeah - "I love you awesome nerds." :-)

8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back and glad you had such a good weekend. (Hope your mom's car situation is fixed soon.) Congratulations on Florida State. I assume this has to do with some sort of sporting thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Tuesday her car started right up. Frozen fuel line thawed. Whew. We went immediately and filled up her car.

      Yeah, Florida State won the football championship. Football is a game where big men in tight pants try to move an oval ball down a field while tackling one another. :-)

      Delete
  2. You had me at "Pitch Perfect". The boys and I have watched it numerous times. Jr. and I even learned the Cups routine off YouTube. See what you did... I'm all aca-xited.

    Sounds like you had a busy week... BACK TO THE REAL WORLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My students were impressed that I had had watched "Pitch Perfect". I have to admit, I have a bit of a girl-crush on Brittany Snow who played Chloe.

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! I figured you'd be happy with the football WIN! Marshall won the C-USA Championship, first championship game since 2002, and a fair amount longer since a WIN! WOOHOO!!!

    We 12-monthers didn't get any time off, but then it only got down to 6 here. The kids/teachers got 2 hours on Monday and Tuesday, but that was all. I went back to the gym, too! YAY US! I am going tomorrow.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first week back was short, but brutal. Friday at 3 could not come soon enough! LOL

      Delete
  4. I love you too Robert.... and "Pitch Perfect".

    Have an aca-wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) As I'm typing this it's coming on cable again. Yes, I'm going to watch it.

      Delete