Okay, really hating this selfie, but I took it, I'm owning it. I'm a horrible cell phone photographer. Thank goodness iphone has that little "magic" button. Otherwise I was pasty as Casper the Ghost!
So how the heck has 1 month already passed?! I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that with our insane cold snap this winter, that days seem to just blend together - one cold ass day after another. I think there was actually ONE day where it was nice enough to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and "warm" air. Of course, that was the day I was inside all day grading papers.
One month into the year and I need to update where I am on my 2014 commitments.
I made it to the gym this morning after almost a week away. As I related in post, I've had a week where I just was drained. No energy, no motivation. My only thought was how nice and warm my bed is and how much I wanted to be asleep in it. Heck, even my, um libido, was on the fritz, so I KNOW I'm out of sorts. (I'm pretty much ready 24/7).
So after a workout and steam, I stepped on the scale and read "225". Not horrible, but not what I was ultimately hoping for. It certainly didn't help that I wasn't at the gym and wasn't eating great during the past week. Also I know I haven't been drinking enough water as I've had a headache for most of today.
But 225 is lighter than I started the year, so I'm counting it as a successful month. For February, I'm shooting to be sub-220. My trainer Kyle offers "online" training, where I workout with him once a week and then he designs two or three workouts to do during the week. It's a little bit of an additional cost, but I'm ready to pull the trigger and go for it.
My second goal deals with reading one book a month. Not doing as well on that goal. I checked out House Odds by Mike Lawson. It looked interesting at the library and looked to be the kind of book that I would like.
It's sat on the hutch next to the front door for the past month. :-(
Time to sit on my ass and open up the book and actually read it! LOL


as one of my boyfriends posted, "january is a big grey bag of suck!" and it is.
ReplyDeleteget back on the horse, robert. you CAN DO IT! just put down the chocolate chips and pick up the water glass.
"even my, um libido, was on the fritz" - o.0
I MUST get back to the gym!!! My left knee has been bothering me, making it easy to stay away, but I should be working it at the very least.
ReplyDeleteGood for you on losing weight! I didn't gain as much as I thought I did over the holidays, but it was more than I should have. Back to smoothies, baby!
Peace <3
Jay
Don't let more than 3 days pass between workouts. Make a 20 min home workout. If you skip a week it's hard to get back into it.
ReplyDelete225 is lighter than you started the year. Progress. Good.
ReplyDeleteIt may be hard to start over, but all you have to do is start. Today.
I never post selfies because I think I look horrible in pictures anyway. When I try to smile, it makes them worse!
Only one month in and lighter than you started is great! Your "bad" selfie is adorable. My bad selfies are truly horrific. Or maybe it's me... Either way, I don't share them.
ReplyDelete