Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Selfie - Spring Forward

Taken while getting my oil changed. 
OMFG!  Spring finally arrived today!!!  Temps here in central Iowa got into the upper 60s - and it felt AMAZING!!!! I got out of the building as soon as I could so that I could enjoy the sun and warm air.

Kyle, my trainer, needed to cancel our session (he is under the weather), so I took the opportunity to get the oil changed in my car. I drove with the windows down and the NPR up. Oh yeah, rockin out to the BBC World Service. LOL

Matt and I took the opportunity to go for a walk when he got home from work. We went up to the mall and walked a little over 2.5 miles. There were a lot of joggers out (none worth looking at) and lots of standing water where snow has melts.

Only four days of school until Spring Break. :-)

I've got a lot to get done before Friday - Stats homework, midterm and a paper, schoolwork, making time to exercise and getting ready to travel!

On Friday afternoon I leave for Utah. I'll be traveling to Park City to visit one of my best friends from grad school. I haven't seen her since grad school and am excited to see her and meet her family.

Off to work on my Statistics homework.  Yay.

Love you awesome nerds.
Robert








8 comments:

  1. Wait a bloody minute! You can go to Utah but not Delaware! HAHAHAAHAHA
    OK, it's a bit longer trip.

    I expect to get some walking exercise when Randy H. from Nebraska shows up Wednesday afternoon as I show him around Richmond, and on the trip to DE. Maybe that will offset the breweries and beer intake. Yeah, right.

    You look good in the selfie. I have refrained from posting one since I am a slug. And that's giving slugs a good name.

    Our spring break isn't until April sometime, but I don't get it off unless I take it off. No, not the dang clothes, but that would be nice. We have so many projects that time off during spring break is nearly impossible. I envy you teachers, paper grading not withstanding.

    We have had nice weather, too. Hopefully, spring is on the way.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our district takes the same break as Iowa State, so we get a nice long week off. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Although I have to be back early as our state math competition is on the 21st. Ugh.

      The trip to Utah has been planned for months, before I knew about Bloggerapalooza. We'll see for the future. :-) Have fun in Delaware!

      Delete
  2. UT is in the opposite direction of DE. :(

    have a nice time, but you would be having a better time with us nerds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jr. is on Spring Break this week. Unfortunately it's rainy and BLAH! But we'll make the best of it. Enjoy your time off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the looks of the photo, getting your oil changed didn't hurt one bit, did it?!?

    Hallelujah for the upper 60s. That's really as cold as it should get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a beautiful day in the upper 50s, so Tom and I drove over to Minnesober to turn in our marriage license application. Will pick up license next week and try to get the wedding scheduled in the next week or two. Turns out there are only a few people who do them in Winona, and we have to pin down a date and time that works for them, us and our witnesses. Life is so complex. As Pearl Bailey said, "The world needs more love and less paperwork."

    ReplyDelete