Saturday, March 1, 2014

Shoveling At Midnight


Yes, the math teacher even shovels geometrically. 

This is what I was doing tonight - at midnight.

It's been a long week.

I would conference with him so hard. 
This week was parent-teacher conference week. Monday through Wednesday after school I met with parents until 7:30. Meeting with parents isn't all that bad, it's just exhausting. After a full day of teaching, another 4 hours of being "on" for parents takes a lot out of me. Each night I ended up going to bed not too long after getting home.

And once again I end up disappointed that I didn't have a conference with any DILFs.  lol

Thursday morning I finished up conferences and then had lunch with Frankenpaul. It felt good to have adult conversation about anything other than school. And to have time to eat a meal in under 20 minutes.

Today was our "day off" following conferences, but thanks to Mother Nature, I ended up taking students down to Des Moines for the math competition. There really wasn't a lot of me to do as the kids were the ones competing, so I doing a whole lotta nothing.

The kids were great and our school won the Regional Championship and advance to state!  Woohoo!

We returned to Ames about 3 and following a quick lunch (McDonalds, don't judge), I came home and crawled into bed. The long week had finally caught up with me and I needed a nap.  Well, that and a Xanax helped me relax. Ahhhhhhh.

Four hours later I woke up, looked out the window and saw..... more snow falling.

Yay..... snow, which finally stopped falling about about 11 tonight. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow (about 6 inches for the weekend). I figured since I was up, I might as well get out and shovel. 40 minutes later, I was finished. The wind was starting to pick up so I'm kinda glad I got it done before it got really bad out.

I felt a real feeling of accomplishment for getting everything shoveled before any of our neighbors (probably because they were all asleep.


In a few hours I'll probably head over to Mom's place and shovel her out.


So that's how I ended up shoveling the driveway at midnight on Friday night at midnight.

And you know what.

It was exactly what I needed.


13 comments:

  1. Best to get the shoveling done when you're motivated. I don't like these weeks where I'm so tired I fall asleep at 7:30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to be back at it later on this afternoon. Looks like another 2-3 inches are gonna fall today. Really glad I got the first round shoveled last night!

      Delete
  2. ugh. I think I would crawl into a blanket fort after a week like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring Break cannot come a moment too soon. Two weeks until the warmth of..... Utah. lol

      Delete
  3. You are a better man than I, sir!
    I would have stayed snuggled in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wide awake, there was no way I was going to be able to sleep after my afternoon/early evening siesta.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to your students and to you, of course! I had been wondering how they did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They do all the work and are a very motivated group. I'm excited to see how they do at state in a few weeks.

      Delete
  5. CONGRATS on the win!!! I'm enjoying the eye candy you've been posting... YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!

      I've definitely been on an older/daddy kick recently. I'll be submitting some "Yummy Email"s for your approval. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Hi Robert, It seems that we are practically neighbors, I'm in Nebraska about a hour and a half west of Omaha. And we have the same tastes. I really like the shirtless hottie there as well. Not much snow here, about 1 inch. I take it the TV screen shot of Iowa was from KCCI-TV? Have a good one, am getting ready to attend Bloggerpalooza in DE in 2 weeks. Randy in NEB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Randy,

      So glad you've discovered my blog!

      Yeah we're not too far apart. May have to get over your way at some point. :-)

      The screenshot was taken from KCCI. They are the only station I trust for weather information.

      I'm going to be in Utah during Bloggerpalooza, but if the timing is right next year I plan on being there! :-)

      Delete
    2. Do you have a blog Randy? I'd love to read it! :-)

      Delete