In about 10 days I left for Washington D.C. This will be my 5th trip taking students and I'm excited to be starting this tradition at my new school.
One thing I try to impress upon my travelers is that they need to start walking BEFORE we leave on the trip. We will be doing A LOT of walking on the trip and I don't want them to be exhausted by the of the first day.
![]() |
| I'm getting really frustrated when I insert photos and I can't get the text to wrap around it. Ugh |
But of course I had yet to take my own advice. Now that the school year is done, I've begun my mental and physical recuperation. That now includes walking!
After an early morning wake up, and getting caught up on a DVR'd episode of "Castle", I started out walking to the downtown farmer's market. It would be a 4 mile round trip along with any additional mileage I might accrue at the market.
Over the course of about 2 1/2 hours I covered about 5 miles. I already am feeling it in my lower back, but I'd rather feel it now than when I'm in D.C.
The farmer's market was busy and there were a few nice looking gentlemen to see. Now I know where the DILFs have been!

and the best way to see a city is on foot anyway.
ReplyDeleteSmart move... we always do tons of walking on our vacations too. HA, training for vacation!
ReplyDeleteAt least I'll be semi-ready. The kids on the other hand.......
Deletelol
Very wise! Good exercise and good for the mind, walking is.
ReplyDeleteHmm. That sounded more Yoda-like than intended.
Good advice that is.
Deletewalking remains one of the best things we can do for ourselves; keep on walking!
ReplyDeleteI plan on it! As well as bike rides and my trips to the gym. :)
DeleteDC is perfect for walking because you see so much more that way.
ReplyDeleteYou really do! Of course everything is so big that you feel like you're walking a mile just between museums! lol
DeleteI lived in DC for a number of years. It is a great city for walking. Nice scenery, too! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love watching the "scenery" jog shirtless along the mall. Very inspiring!
DeleteYep, I do it, too. Last time I went to England, I knew I could be walking for miles a day. I walked 4-5 days a week, at least 3 miles at a time. I got there, everything was great! I could walk all day and be ready for more after an ale at tea time!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
Good for you, getting back into walking. I use the Map My Walk app, as well as a fitbit. I'm always surprised at the distance I travel on foot. Keep up the good work, and you'll be walking circles around your students.
ReplyDelete