Thursday, January 8, 2015

Landscape

Landscape


She comes down from Yellow Mountain
On a dark, flat land she rides
On a pony she named Wildfire
With a whirlwind by her side
On a cold Nebraska night
Oh, they say she died one winter
When there came a killing frost
And the pony she named Wildfire
Busted down it's stall
In a blizzard he was lost
She ran callin' Wildfire
She ran callin' Wildfire
She ran callin' Wildfire
By the dark of the moon, I planted
But there came an early snow
There's been a hoot owl howling by my window now for six nights in a row
She's coming for me, I know
And on Wildfire, we're both gonna go
"Wildfire"
 - Michael Martin Murphy

This week the weather in Iowa has just been miserable. Monday saw snow, Tuesday brought wind, Wednesday brought SEVERE cold, and today even more wind arrived. Walking the 50 feet to my car after work was nothing short of miserable. I'm hoping (but not optimistic) that we might have a two-hour late start tomorrow.  
For my photo today I drove out to Ada Hayden Park. It's amazing how it can be both bleak and beautiful at the same time. But I would prefer the park when it's warmer and greener.
Exhaustion is taking hold and I need to go to bed. 
Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert

3 comments:

  1. Your weather is worse then mine... and mine sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about the picture: bleak AND beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just keep posting GREAT PICTURES and AWESOME MUSIC!

    I love the picture, I love the song.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete