On My Plate
For not moving on to better things
Instead I'm sitting around trash
Talking with the onion rings.
But it's much too soon
To leave this easy life
Pass me the spoon
Pass me the analytical knife.
'Cause you about to get cut and get cut down
It's all about the wordplay
All about the sound in the tone of my voice
You gotta let me make my choice alone before my food gets cold.
Better shut up or get shot down
It's all about the know how all just a matter of taste
Stop telling me the way I gotta play now
Too much food on my plate.
"Too Much Food"
- Jason Mraz
Shoveling the driveway would have taken quite a while, so we spent the money to have someone plow the driveway. A few hours later, the Hubby and I got out and the new snow that had fallen, but it was a lot easier than if we hadn't had the driveway plowed. Then it was off to my Mom's place to shovel out her driveway (that was A LOT more difficult).
This week I plan on completing my application to be classified as a Mentor Teacher within my school district. Iowa has funded a program that allows districts to create Teacher Leadership positions. I've served as a mentor teacher for various teachers during my 14 year career, and I'd like the opportunity to serve as a mentor for the district. It's a fairly involved application, but since I have a student teacher teaching my classes, I can spend a bit of my day getting the form completed.
Thanks to the snowstorm, our school district has already called for a two-hour delay tomorrow (YAY!). I've already taken some medicine to help my lower back recover from all the physical activity. It'll be nice to sleep in a for a few extra minutes tomorrow.
Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert
We got our biggest storm of the season, too, but only about six inches here. Another smaller bit due tomorrow, maybe an inch or two. Today the Wisconsin marmots saw the sun, which means six more weeks, I guess. I thought we had a reprieve, but I have been informed I am wrong. Oh, no!
ReplyDeleteYou keep posting great songs, and making me crazy with jealousy with your snow posts. Nine inches here would close schools for DAYS! I'd LOVE IT! HAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay