Sunday, March 1, 2015

Starts With R

Starts With R

My Wedding Ring
I'm glad you're home
Well, did you really miss me?
I guess you did by the look in your eye (look in your eye, look in your eye)
Well lay back and relax while I put away the dishes
Then you and me can rock a bell.

You can ring my bell, ring my bell
You can ring my bell, ring my bell
You can ring my bell, ring my bell
You can ring my bell, ring my bell

The night is young and full of possibilities
Well come on and let yourself be free
My love for you, so long I've been savin'
Tonight was made for me and you.

"Ring My Bell"
- Anita Ward

I love my wedding ring.

It's made from titanium and while it doesn't match the Hubby's exactly, it's very similar. The Hubby's is a replica of Ed Harris' ring in the movie "The Abyss". We found it on a website with a number of different styles, and mine is called the "Eclipse".

I do get a little bit of grief from my friends because I take it off for various reasons - the gym, showering, washing the dishes - but it's a little loose on my finger, so any time it gets wet, it has a tendency to slide off.

I had a long weekend and I took a road trip to Minneapolis. It was a fun trip, if not freakishly cold.

Because sure, to get away from central Iowa I decide to go to someplace even colder.  LOL

But more about that later. I need to get ready for tomorrow.

Love you Awesome Nerds,
Robert

3 comments:

  1. Tom and I have matching silver bands, very simple. We bought them as a lark from a kiosk a few years ago when we became registered-domestic-partners (a giant leap for Wisconsin at the time -- absurd!) and decided to keep them when we got married in Minnesota last March. I usually don't take mine off, but when it gets loose, I do. I lost the first ring Tom gave me when we became a couple. It just slipped off my hand one day and disappeared. Don't want that happening to this one. Even though it did not cost much, it is still THE ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wedding ring is slightly lose when it gets wet too, so I occasionally take my off as well. I actually lost my original wedding ring in a canoe accident. Fortunately I was able to replace it with an identical one.

    P.S. I love that song!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to wear it loosely. I couldn't wear rings for a long time, working around high voltage, moving mechanical things, etc., you don't wear conductive things. My newest brother in law had his tattooed on since he works on drag racing engines. He has the real one, but he's still wearing it at work!

    I love yours, that is a great style.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete