Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to school

Yesterday was our first day back following the Christmas holiday. We were fortunate that we had a two-hour late start due to the extreme cold. It's always hard coming back to work after a holiday. Seems like it takes the staff two or three days to shake the rust off. The kids come back with all sorts of energy, but then by the afternoon of the second day their energy starts to flag.

I've actually had a good first couple of days. It's actually been nice to be back in the classroom. For as much as I crave vacations, it really feels good to be back on a daily schedule. When I'm on vacation, I try to motivate myself to get things done, but it never seems to happen. At least at school I'm able to be productive.

I have a meeting tomorrow with a personal trainer. I took his spinning class over the summer and really enjoyed it. My friend Andy works out with him and recommends him. We'll meet to talk about what my goals are and what his training philosophies are. Looking to get fit for the big wedding. If I don't start now, then when?

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment