On the plus side we do have a two-hour late start tomorrow. Temperatures in the state are bottoming out tonight and the wind-chill is expected to be in the -20s. Since I teach in a rural district, we consider it to be cruel to make kids wait for a bus in sub-zero temperatures. So I get to sleep in a little bit - yay!
I am worried about too many snow days. In June I am taking a group of students and parents to Washington D.C. for a four-day trip. If we have too many snow days, the school year will run into the days of the trip. While I know the district will allow us to go on the trip, it just freaks me out that the school year could run into the second week of June! We've already had 3 snow days. There are only 4 more days available before it runs into the trip. Crossing my fingers for a milder winter. Ugh
Sounds like you are about as tired of the snow as we are. We had 14 inches on Christmas Eve and we still have some of it around. It's been unseasonably cold here in OK this season so far and they are calling for a possibility of some more snow later this week. Ugggghhhh! I'm so ready for Spring...:)
ReplyDelete