It's been a long and busy week. Busy enough that I really haven't had a chance to blog this week. Today we're watching college football on tv, so I'm taking the opportunity to pound out a few sentences about how life has been going.
Sunday at Rec League volleyball I banged my knee pretty good. Yes, I know, any gay man worth his salt owns a quality set of knee pads, but I wasn't wearing them (I hate how they bind my knees). I went to receive a serve, slipped on a patch of moisture on the floor and BAM! My entire team was gathered around me in about a second. I think I saw twelve shades of purple flash before my eyes. Nothing broken, just a big ol bruise and some swelling.
Because of the knee knock, I postponed my personal training session with Kyle until Thursday. I've been going to the gym first thing in the morning before I go to work and getting more comfortable with it. I'm realizing that my body is actually "craving" the exercise. It's hard to explain, but I feel like I NEED to be at the gym (and it's not just to ogle over the hot guys and hopefully see em "nekid" in the shower). With a little work, I'm cautiously optimistic my waistline will shrink.
School has been pretty busy as we are preparing for Parent-Teacher Conferences next week. For three hours each night, Monday through Wednesday, I'll be meeting with parents and discussing their students. I also meet with parents on Thursday morning from 8 - 11:30. Then, I'm done for the week - we get Thursday afternoon and all day Friday OFF! I really do enjoy meeting with parents, but after three and a half LONG days, it's nice to have a bit of time off. I'm thinking about heading up to the Twin Cities on Friday.
Tonight we have a housewarming/costume party in Des Moines. Matt will be dressing as a baseball player, I'm going as a priest. Should be a lot of fun.
Sounds like an action packed week... began with a knee injury and ends with you dressed as a priest. HALLELUJAH!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's awful that you hurt your knee. I've got one with almost no cartilage, so I baby it a bit. Thankfully, my trainer helped me find exercises that don't aggravate it and allow me to strengthen the leg.
ReplyDeleteYou probably saw my miserable week. But yesterday and today made up for it! HAHAHA I/we get no more time off until Thanksgiving. The students get next Tuesday off for Election Day, but everyone else works. Have fun fending off the parents of all those entitled children that you are supposed to parent from 8 til 3:30!!!
Peace <3
Jay
dude. If you are gonna play volleyball (like not just picnic volleyball) you need kneepads. I wear them… and ankle braces.
ReplyDelete