I'm happy to be answering Sean's TMI questions. It's been a couple of weeks.
YA GOTTA HAVE FRIENDS...
1. Did you have an imaginary friend growing up?
No imaginary friends growing up, but I'm honestly surprised that I didn't. We moved around a lot during my childhood (Navy Brat). Friends were hard to come by and making friends was not my strong suit (tried WAY too hard).
2. Are you still friends with your BFF or anyone from your youth?
One of my best friends from high school is still a very good friend. We were in youth group together and still keep in touch. He and his family live in Tennessee, so anytime I'm down there we get to see one another.
3. Who is your best friend now? (SO's excluded)
My best friend now would have to be Andy. We got to know him here in Ames when he was a graduate student and the connection was immediate - sports, pop culture, love of men, etc. Andy officiated at our wedding and I've been able to talk to him about things that I would be hesitant to discuss with anyone else.
4. Do you have same sex friends of the opposite orientation?
To be honest, MOST of my friends are of the opposite orientation. Although we have made friends with more gay men in the area, our closest friends are straight.
5. Ex's as friends?
Well considering that Matt was my first boyfriend, I don't have any ex's to be friends with. :-)
6. Do you have any non human bffs?
Nope, no pets to speak of. I'm pretty much allergic to everything. Plus, with all the traveling that Matt and I do, it's not fair of us to have a pet that other's would have to look in on or to have us board.
7. Are you friends with any relatives?
My brother and I are good friends. This is surprising considering we HATED one another growing up. Once we grew up, we settled our differences and even bonded over our strange relationship with our Dad. Mike was my best man in the wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better man to stand there with me.
8. Friends at work?
Too many to mention. Being a teacher, you bond with coworkers over things that others just can't understand. Being able to vent or laugh about the day is essential to staying "sane" as a teacher. Significant Others, while very supportive, just can't fully appreciate my job the way a coworker can.
9. What's your Face Book number?
428 - and yes, I have a few friends that I've friended just because they are hot. LOL
10. What's the worst thing a friend has done to you? Are you still?
A number of years ago I was on a softball team with friends. When the team was formed, it was just for fun. The second season, we were in the running to win our division, and I noticed that I was playing less and less. My friend told me, "I only want my 'A' team out there." I was really hurt and had it out with him. It basically destroyed the friendship - not only with him, but others as well who stood by him.
BONUS
Friends with benefits?
Not out of the question, but always with full disclosure. :-)
Cool answers.
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
Nice answers.
ReplyDelete