The math geek in me just couldn't resist finding the prime factorization of 2014.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'm a math nerd.
It was a pretty quiet New Years. Matt and I hung out with our friends Pete and Tas at Buffalo Wild Wings. Wings, trivia, basketball and football. Yup, it was a good night. Matt and I grabbed slices of French Silk Pie at Perkins (yeah, it's all about priorities) and then headed home to watch the ball drop at midnight.
So now it's 2014. A year full of promise and a fresh start.
I have three goals for the new year -
*Allow myself to unleash the fit guy within.
*Pay off debt
*Read a book a month.
I've created SMART goal plans for two of the goals. I'm going to post a bit more about them tomorrow, but I wanted to own up to them from the get-go.
HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!



What a great way to help you with your goals for the year. Do you have these posted anywhere?
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna post them in the kitchen. Hmmm, perhaps I should also create a page on my blog for em. :-)
ReplyDeleteThese SMART goals are pretty detailed -- almost what I'd expect to find at a big corporation. I guess the more detailed the better.
ReplyDeleteActually I'm hoping to make them even more detailed over the next few days. I've learned that if you just write vague goals, you get vague results. The more specific and detailed, the more likely you are to get the results you want. :-)
DeleteHNY to you and matt! we see you in march, yes, at the blogger gathering?
ReplyDeleteI'm checking on it. I might be in Utah that weekend, but my plans aren't locked in yet. :-)
DeleteI like this concept. I think I will adopt it, too.
ReplyDeleteI DID get to the gym for an hour of cardio and fatburning yesterday! Will be back tomorrow.
Happy New Year!
Peace <3
Jay
Yay you!!! We do a lot of SMART goals here in Iowa in the educational system. I have to say, they are pretty effective.
DeleteWow! You mean business. Very impressive "smart goals"! Myself, I don't expect to resolve anything. But I look forward to enjoying your progress throughout the year.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! I don't look at them as "resolutions" so much as "commitments".
DeleteI've made the commitment, now it's time to follow through!
I just read that people who track what they eat each day -- just recording it, not judging it -- tend to get healthier, just from the awareness of how much and what they are eating. The article said 88% wind up losing weight. [NB: Believe it if you want.]
ReplyDeleteI have found over the years that faithfully recording every day exactly what I ate and also how much of what kind of exercise I got made a huge difference in maintaining a healthy weight. And I speak as someone who spent much of my adult life struggling with weight issues, too. There is a handy app -- My Fitness Partner -- that I have used and found helpful.
Good luck with your goals! As a librarian and an author, I would be happy to suggest books, too.
Hope you and Matt have a grand New Year!
Journalling my eating habits is something that I KNOW I should do, it's the actual follow through that I have problems with. I've been using the "Map My Fitness" app, but also have the "My Fitness Partner" one.
DeleteI would be very grateful for any book recommendations you could make. This is going to be the year I do it! :-)
I use MyFitnessPal.com. I need to start back with it. It sure helped my eating, to see how I was doing. And the predictions for weight matched the reality. I don't know about books. They always seem to be about a "fad". My trainer, and the dietician at the gym recommended using MFP and READING LABELS. Eating well is a habit, not a fad. I found that dropping processed food helped LOTS! Less fat, less SODIUM, more nutrition. That means more trips to the grocers to buy fresher food (though most frozen food is good since it doesn't rely on salt and chemicals to preserve it). I'd like to see the book recommendations, because there may be some I haven't seen that aren't faddish. So recommend away!
DeleteThanks for the support and help, Michael!
Jay
My offer to suggest books -- and I promise not to suggest my own -- was not for books about weight and fitness books. I remember reading somewhere that no one has ever lost significant weight or become fit by reading a book. Reading just doesn't burn enough calories or exercise enough muscles! ;-)
Delete