Monday, January 20, 2014

Oh My Aching Head

I've caught the head cold that's making the rounds.

Great.

I went to bed last night all ready to go to the gym first thing and then to our district professional in-service (technology edition). Then off to my weekly training session with my trainer Kyle.

At least, that was the plan.

I woke up with my head feeling like it was stuck in a vice. Oh no.

Hoping that maybe a little extra sleep would help, I crawled back under the covers and closed my eyes. An hour later I'm debating whether or not to even go to the in-service.

I ended up going. Heavily mediated mind you.

Fortunately the drugs made the day bearable. I attended session covering "Flipped Classrooms", "Twitter for Teachers" and... "Blogging for Teachers" (one that I coulda taught). I did pick up some great information, but by the afternoon, I was dragging. We were given time to "collaborate"... and listen, but my coworkers looked at me and told me to get outta there, head home and get some sleep.

I gotta say I'm not normally a nap person, but today it was just what I needed. I crawled into bed and napped for about 3 hours. Tonight it's a hit of Nyquil and a good night's sleep (hopefully).

Tomorrow's a busy day - gym, school, haircut, basketball and it's Mom's birthday, so we're taking her out to dinner. Gotta feel my best.


11 comments:

  1. UGH... I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself.

    ... another great Sunday Selfie. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling much better today. Not a cold, but just sinus pressure from a front that moved through. YAY!

      Delete
  2. get well soon, dear; LOTS of viruses going around out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately it was just weather related sinus pressure. Whew. Slept great last night and am feeling MUCH better today. :-)

      Delete
  3. So, you're one of those who goes into work "sick" and spreads the love, huh? Stay home and get well for Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wasn't coughing or sneezing, so I felt like I could go to the in-service. Fortunately it was just weather related sinus pressure. Once the front moved through.... voila! No headache. :-) Normally if I'm sick, I stay home. :-)

      Delete
    2. Great news! So glad it passed so quickly, too!

      Delete
  4. Hope today is better. And happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is MUCH better today. :-) Thanks for the birthday wishes for my Mom. It's the first time I've been able to take her out for her birthday in a VERY long time!

      Delete
  5. I see you are feeling better! That's great! We had yesterday off, worked today, hoping for a snow day tomorrow, which is quite possible given the snowfall that has already accumulated on the roads.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wicked cold this morning, but alas, not even a 2-hour delay. Ugh. Felt really good today. Now hopefully I can get a good night's sleep. :-)

      If you have it, have a good day off. For me, I call em "Credit Card Days" because we buy now, but have to pay later for it. LOL

      Delete