Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Selfie


Hey what do you know?  It's above freezing!!!!  After a week in polar vortex, "warmer" temps have finally worked their way into central Iowa.  Granted, it's only supposed to be about 40 degrees today, but it feels a lot warmer considering how cold it has been.  

Yesterday morning I celebrated my 10,000th page view.  From there, well, the day didn't go as well.  

I'm a big fan of both the Iowa State men's and women's basketball teams.  I haven't missed a women's home game since December of 1996 (and that was because I was attending a funeral).  I have a strong connection with the women's team and when the team wins, I'm on top of the world.  Yesterday wasn't one of those days.

Both squads had started the season 14-0.  We were the last team in Division I to have both their men's and women's teams be unbeaten. 

The men lost at Oklahoma 87-82.
The women lost to Oklahoma State 69-62.

As always, I took the women's loss harder.  They're my girls and I always want them to do well.  It was made worse because it was a HOME loss.  It's like being punched in the gut having another team come into your house and beat your team.  

I felt so crappy that I need to "hate eat" something bad for me.  Fortunately we needed to run by the grocery store, so I knew exactly what I wanted.  

"Hate Eating" is similar to "Hate Sex", except that instead of having sex with someone that I despise, I eat something that I know that's not good for me, but I can just channel all my hatred towards.  

Does it make sense?  Not really.

Did it make me feel better?  Absolutely.

This is the other half of the cake I bought to
make myself feel better after the ISU loss. 


5 comments:

  1. That is a nice smile... and a delicious slice of cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's one of my better selfies. :-)

      And the cake was soooooo good.

      Delete
  2. Is it just me or does it look like the gym is paying off? LOOKIN' GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the selfie! I got one coming up this week. Finally.

    Sorry your teams lost. That's too bad. I try not to eat when I'm unhappy or depressed.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete