Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Selfie - Football and Grading


It's been a fairly quiet weekend.  I spent the majority of today grading papers and doing laundry. It's the end of the semester at school and I'm needing to get my grades recorded so that I can drop my grades tomorrow afternoon.  

Honestly, I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't get things graded sooner. The weather was beautiful today and it would have been nice to get outside and go for a walk and get some fresh air.  But because of my procrastinations, I had to spend the day indoors.  

Got no one to blame but me. 
Matt's been sick this weekend with a head cold, so we haven't been able to get out and do much. But last night I did have the opportunity to have dinner with new friends. I met Paul through a mutual friend on Facebook and he threw a get together last night at his house. It was a very fun evening, full of good food and great conversation.  

Tonight Matt and I watched the NFC Championship game between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks.  Both of us are Niners fans, so we were hopeful that the team could win on the road and head to a 2nd straight Super Bowl. Unfortunately it was not meant to be. :-( 
Justin Smith of the San Francisco 49ers. WOOF!
This year I'll be watching the Super Bowl primarily for the commercials. Unless of course the teams decide to play shirtless. Then I'll be MUCH more interested.

Of course the game is being played outdoors in New Jersey, so I'm guessing that's not going to happen.
Time to get ready for the week!

7 comments:

  1. Justin Smith and a couple of the other 9ers are certainly WOOFY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a crush on Justin since he was at Missouri.

      Delete
  2. If I were standing where that kid is, I wouldn't be looking at a baseball cap!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who says he's looking at the baseball cap? ;-)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry, did you say something? I was too busy staring at Justin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! So glad you discovered my blog! I'm looking forward to checking out yours as well!

      Justin is just so freaking hot. I'm bummed the 49ers didn't make it to the Super Bowl. :-(

      Delete
  4. Hey look at that… I made it into your blog! Everyone at the party had a great time meeting you Robert (how could they not!) More parties to come.

    P.S. Sorry your 49er's didn't beat Seattle but personally I'm glad the team with the cuter quarterback is still playing.

    ReplyDelete