A veritable "Midnight at the Snowasis" if you will,
I slept in a little longer than I should have, up at 9:30.
First thing it was off to the gym to get in a workout. I hadn't been since Tuesday night and even then it's been sporadic at best. I got in 40 minutes on the elliptical and then stepped in to the sauna for some warmth.After about 10 minutes in the dry sauna, I switched to the steam room - what a difference! I'm thinking during the winter the steam room is a better option. Wow did it feel amazing.
Plus, there was a pretty hot muscle daddy in the steam room. The man was built like a brick-shit house and it was a pleasure to watch him sweat. I wanted to do other things, but well, I am a gentleman (and I don't wanna lose my gym membership).

A quick shower and then it was time to step on the scale...
227.4 pounds
A 2 pound gain from last month. sigh
But honestly, I'm not surprised. This month has truly sucked for me in terms of being consistent in my workouts and eating better. I'm still not making good choices in what I'm putting into my body. Until that changes along with exercising regularly, I shouldn't expect that the weight will come off.
I'm doing a little better on my reading goal. I'm presently reading House Odds and am enjoying it so far, but we'll see how it ends up.
Now it is time to get busy on the laundry and prepare to go out and shovel yet again because..... it's snowing.
Love you awesome nerds!
Robert
and we will be receiving that snow on monday. UGH!
ReplyDeleteThe low Sunday/Monday night is gonna be around -17.
Deleteyippie skippy.
ugh.
shoveling and losing weight for it - a good combination?
ReplyDeleteIt's good exercise (my lower back certainly doesn't appreciate it....lol), (un)fortunately it doesn't snow here every day.
DeleteGOTTA GET TO THE GYM!!!! ARGH!!! I feel like a slug!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
I feel the same way. I talk myself out of going to the gym in the morning and then regret the decision later in the day.
DeleteWe can do it. :-)
Oh, Daddy! Nice photos!
ReplyDeleteNice new layout, too, BTW.
Thanks! Yeah, if only I could have a conference with that guy. Oh my!
DeleteThank you also for noticing the new layout. Thought it was time to freshen it up. I kinda like it. :-)
Guys, what if we did weight watchers? It works, you can eat what you want, (within reason) and it's not a fad.
ReplyDeleteWeight loss is such a struggle, I know. You can't exercise away the calories either. You have to be diligent with making better food choices. Easier said than done, right? I share your struggle!
ReplyDelete