Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Selfie - Technology Edition

It's yet ANOTHER bitterly cold day in central Iowa (as I type this it's already -3 at 5:45 pm). The low tonight should be somewhere around -15. 

But we'll probably start school on time tomorrow morning. 


Today's selfie is courtesy of a new app I found called CamMe.  It allows the user to set their phone down and take a selfie. You activate the camera by raising your hand and making a fist. That signals to the phone to start the countdown. It gives you three seconds and then snaps the photo.  

The app is great for getting a group shot or if you want to take a photo of an outfit (because I'm such the fashion plate).

Now obviously you don't wanna use this app in a place where a nefarious person could walk by and swipe your phone, but in the house it's pretty nifty.  

The other big techie thing that I've been excited about have been my Jaybird Earbuds.  I bought them as a Christmas present for myself and could not be happier about them.

I have them linked to my iPhone. During my workouts I'm able to listen to my music and have freedom of movement. The earbuds have a range of about 20 - 25 feet and the sound quality is great. An added bonus of having the earbuds is that I can use them while I'm shoveling. They make the task go a lot faster as I can listen to high-energy music whilst I'm throwing snow around. 

5 comments:

  1. I love me a good App... I'm downloading it now. Great selfie... lookin' good!

    STAY WARM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the app! Was showing it off to my students last week.

      Delete
  2. I'll check to see if the app is available as an Android app. And yeah, the selfie is AWESOME! HANDSOME MAN!!!

    I should consider Bluetooth earbuds. Hate to spend the money, cheapskate that I am. But yeah, high energy music is a help.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks. You're making me blush.

      The app is so easy to use! Showed it off to my kids.

      About the earbuds, as Ferris Bueller said, "If you have the mean, I do recommend picking them up. They are so choice." I honestly don't know how I survived workouts before I had them.

      Delete
  3. Love the photo and love the idea of the app. I'll check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete