Tuesday, June 3, 2014

One Day More....


It was a Starbucks Venti Mocha Frappucino, skim, espresso shot, YES I WANT THE WHIPPED CREAM, kinda day.

One more day of school.

A short day.... 1pm dismissal.

And I'm so ready for the year to be over.

The past two days have been very stressful with the kids being "cray cray".

And I left my Xanax at home.

I really shouldn't say all the kids have been nuts.  About 4/5 of the kids are ones that I absolutely adore and love to spend time.

But there are the 1/5 that drive me up the wall. The past two days they have been twice as challenging.

My left ear is still ringing from my first period class. Two of my "cherubs" don't understand the meaning of the words "indoor voice".

I'm mentally exhausted.

I'm physically exhausted.

Oh yeah, and my lower back has been flaring up again..... yay. :(


13 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You can make it through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 hours. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

      :)

      Delete
  2. When I was at the middle school earlier this year, I had the worst of the worst -

    3 with ankle monitors
    12 on probation

    Here's the breakdown of each period, and the number of high fliers (those who were constantly in the office for referrals)
    Period 1 - 5 (31 students in the class)
    Period 2 - 4 (28 students in the class)
    Period 3 - 18 (24 students in class)
    Period 4 - 8 (35 students in the class)
    Period 5 - 5 (35 students in the class), but was my GATE strand, and were the awful GATE kids I hate who think that doing dumb things was funny.

    I only point those numbers out because I was trying to calculate if that is 1/5, or more of my students that were difficult... hahaha. Approx 40/140 that challenged me on a daily basis... what is that... 2/5?

    My team had been given the worst of the worst - all the bad behavior problems were isolated to one team, and my team was told constantly we had no classroom management, yet we were given those kids because we were told WE HAD classroom management.

    I guess I point all of this out too, to tell you I truly sympathize with you, when you say all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds exactly normal.

      (I work in K12, though no longer in a school, IT now).

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete
    2. Wow. Compared to your kids, mine are saints. I didn't have any with ankle monitors, but I did have a couple with court appointed supervisors.

      And honestly, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I brought some of this on myself. I need to do a better job of working to correct those behaviors from the beginning of the year and not letting them "just go". That doesn't excuse their behaviors at all, but there are additional things that I can do to be proactive.

      Mike, I'm guessing you're VERY glad to be on summer break. :)

      Delete
  3. UGH, you're a mess!!! ;-) Hang in there... it's almost over!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I'm a hot mess, and isn't that the important thing? :)

      Delete
  4. I got your back, man!!!! Call me with your IT issues! I'll be your favorite IT guy! Best I can do since stun guns aren't allowed in middle schools!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You better be careful though, because I'm probably gonna use you! :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a peaceful restful summer. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first line that came to my mind? "We'll be ready for these schoolboys..." One day more. Hope it goes more easily than anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have often found myself singing this song -- well, the "one more day" part -- before I realize it. Try not to think about what happens the next day in the musical!
    I assume you are aware that the Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. It works out -- 20% of your kids cause 80% of your problems!
    Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete