Fave Food
He likes bread and butter,
He likes toast and jam,
That's what his baby feeds him,
He's her loving man.
Got home early one morning,
Much to my surprise,
She was eating chicken and dumplings,
With some other guy.
No more bread and butter,
No more toast and jam,
I found my baby eating,
With some other man.
"Bread and Butter"
- The Newsbeats
So today's theme is "Fave Food" and believe me, I struggled with what I wanted to post. I have soooooo many different foods that I love.
So after much reflection and contemplation, I chose my favorite food - The Bobbie.
Capriotti's is a chain of sandwich shops. Founded in Wilmington, Delaware, Capriotti's has expanded around the country. Think of it as a little more upscale Jimmy John's.
The main reason to go to the shop is any of the turkey sandwiches. They roast turkey overnight and then hand-pull it the next day. It's fresh and flavorful and it's the main ingredient of the The Bobbie.
For the uninitiated, The Bobbie is ----- fresh hand-pulled turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and a schmear of mayo on a french roll. It's delicious. To truly put it over the top, you order a "Hot Bobbie," where they heat the turkey and stuffing on a flat-top grill before assembling the sandwich. The heat from the grill releases the natural juices in the turkey.
It's about as close to a food orgasm as one can have. I seriously would eat one of these every day if there were a store near Ames.
Before I die, it's what I want for my last meal.
Great, now I'm really hungry for one. Hmmm, it's only a 2 hour drive to Cedar Rapids, where the closest location is.
Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert
Seriously, dude, my mouth is watering just reading about this!
ReplyDeleteBoy that does look good!!!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
Sometimes the drive is worth it... have no problem driving a little for good food... or a lot
ReplyDeleteMMM... looks and sounds delicious. Choosing my favorite food would be difficult as well.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're having a FABULOUS weekend!
I have never heard of A Bobbie. neat with a beet, as we say in our house.
ReplyDelete