Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jump

Jump

I haven't got much time to waste, it's time to make my way
I'm not afraid what I'll face, but I'm afraid to stay
I'm going down my own road and I can make it alone
I'll work and I'll fight till I find a place of my own.

Are you ready to jump?
Get ready to jump
Don't ever look back, oh baby,
Yes, I'm ready to jump
Just take my hand
Get ready to jump.

"Jump"
- Madonna

We had a wonderful dinner last night with friends in Des Moines. We tried the Urban Grill for the first time and the food there was delicious. I had the Fire Shrimp appetizer (although I was hoping for the sauce to be spicier) and the Korean Steak Tacos. Good food and good friends.

Unfortunately I loved the food more than the food loved me. Early this morning I felt my digestive system in revolt, and well, let's just say that I use disposable wipes now.  Thank goodness for Pepto-Bismol.

So instead of going to College Gameday, I spent the majority of the day watching "Bath Crashers" on DIY Network, and drooling over host Matt Muenster. Matt shows cruises home improvement stores looking for people to take on the challenge of renovating their hideous bathrooms over the course of three days.

In addition to being incredibly good looking, he's also incredibly funny and has an amazing deep baritone voice.  I can't say I'm always thrilled with the outcome of the renovations, Muenster always makes the show entertaining to watch.

Okay, Iowa State basketball is starting.  Time to focus my attention.

Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really getting into the pic-a-day activities. :-)

      Delete
  2. I've heard about Urban Grill, perhaps I won't try them now! HAHAHA

    What's TV? I don't think I've seen an entire show in over a week (see my latest post).

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the food and the service were very good, I'll just stay away from those two dishes. -)

      Delete
  3. I, too, sometimes wonder about the taste level in Matt's Bathrooms [Mathrooms?] but he is easy on the eyes and ears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hubby is not a fan of his bathrooms, he thinks they are a little too over the top. There was an episode featuring a gay couple where he turned the entire bathroom into a "wet room", basically one big shower room. It was an interesting idea, but all I could think of was "OMG that's gonna be a bitch to keep clean!"

      Delete
  4. Love the spicy foods and, thank the goddess, so far they still love me.
    I will have to check out Mr. Muenster. Reminds me of a line from "Eating Out: Drama Camp" when one of the stars is in the shower with a plumber and starts making out. The plumber says, "What about your boyfriend?"
    "He can get his own plumber."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spicy foods. I think I put spicy barbecue sauce on just about anything I can. :-)

      Bath Crashers has quickly become a new addiction for me. It's Muenster's personality that wins me over every time.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. He lives in the Cities. You should see if you could "run into" him somewhere. lol

      Delete
  6. Hope you're feeling better my friend.... HAPPY SUNDAY!

    ReplyDelete