Lucky Number
If I had a million dollars
If I had a million dollars
Well I'd buy you a house
I would buy you a house
And if I had a million dollars
If I had a million dollars
I'd buy you furniture for your house
Maybe a nice Chesterfield or an ottoman.
"If I Had A $1,000,000"
- Barenaked Ladies
My lower back has been really bothering me all day. I've taken some prescribed pain medication which should hopefully (crossing my fingers) help alleviate the pain.
The hubby and I do a lot of dreaming about winning the lottery. And by "a lot", I mean sitting around when we are bored and plan out how we'd use it.
The very first thing we'd do is fly to northern California and purchase a house about two hours north of San Francisco. It currently belongs to Matt's uncles and is on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The house is just amazing and Matt's uncles want to keep it in the family. It's only a couple million dollars. We'd love to just go and say, "Okay, we'll take it."
The other major purchase would be an apartment near AT&T Stadium in San Francisco, so that we can be close to the San Francisco Giants. That way we could just walk to the games and bring back the occasional player who might need an extra rubdown. ;-)
Dreaming about winning the lottery is fun, but there's always reality. You can't win if you don't play, and we do buy tickets. It's so fun to "dream a little dream".
Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert
I know you have studied statistics, and you may have heard that a statistician some years ago said that your chances of winning the lottery are virtually the same whether you buy a ticket or not.
ReplyDeleteBut I hope you dreams come true! The house sounds amazing.
As I like to say, you can't win if you don't play. Of course that philosophy seems to work for a lot of things. :-)
Deletelots of people do what you do viz. dream of lottery winnings. It's fun and it reveals something about you.
ReplyDeleteSo what does it say about me that I want to go all Robert Redford and offer $1,000,000 for one night with Channing Tatum?
Delete:-)
Quick question....
ReplyDeleteIf Carlos and I win the Lotto could we buy the uncles' house?
I mean, we'll let y'all stay there but a house overlooking the Pacific is a must have!
Oh alright, you can buy the place, the hubby and I will stay on as the house caretakers. :-)
DeleteI don't even have to win multiple millions, a couple/three would be fine. That would pay off my house and fix it up, I'd be out of debt, and able to live without a daily grind.
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
If you're gonna dream, dream BIG. :-)
DeleteBut a few million would suit us just fine. So long as we can get the house on the coast and not ever have to work again. :-)