Sunday, January 18, 2015

Today Is...

Today Is...

I wanted more than life could ever grant me
Bored by the chore of saving face.

Today is the greatest day I've ever known.
Can't wait for tomorrow
I might not have that long.
I'll tear my heart out before I get out.

Pink ribbon scars that never forget.
I tried so hard to cleanse these regrets.
My angel wings were bruised and restrained.
My belly stings.

Today is
Today is
Today is
The Greatest Day.

"Today"

- Smashing Pumpkins

It's time for Rec League Volleyball - Winter edition! Today our team, the Bruised Lemons, played our first matches in the B Division. Last season we were in the B-/C+ Division and pretty much dominated. We lost a total of 1 set during the entire season.

With last season's sweep of both the regular season and tournament championships, Ames Park and Rec bumped us up to the next higher division. And the competition was tougher today. We also were hampered by only having two girls available to play today, which meant we had to play 5 players on 6.

We were a bit rusty at times, but the competition was great. We ended up winning each of our matches 2 games to 1. I think we would have swept had we had all 3 girls playing. It felt good to be back out on the court playing. Should be a great season.

Tomorrow will be a professional development day at school, so we won't have any kids. I'm looking forward to having time to collaborate and plan with my coworkers.

Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I take it the kids get the MLK holiday but the teachers, not so much? At any rate, hope you have as good a day tomorrow as you did Today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the kids get the day off, but the teachers get to work. I'm actually okay with it. I have a student teacher for the next 6 weeks and it gives us a chance to get planning done.

      Delete
  2. The day does sound exciting viz. process for improvements. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Looking forward to a very productive day!

      Delete
  3. Coolio on the volleyball! I'm completely off tomorrow. We don't do MLK day, we do Lee-Jackson-King Day. Yeah. But I'm off. After today, I'm glad.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete