Energy
Zappin' it to ya
The pressure's everywhere
Goin' right through ya
The fever's in the air
Oh yeah, it's there!
Don't underestimate the power
Of a lifetime ahead.
Electric Youth
Feel the power, you see the energy
Comin' up
Coming on strong.
The future only belongs
To the future itself / in the hands of itself
And the future is
Electric Youth
It's true you can't fight it
Live by it
The next generation.
"Electric Youth"
- Debbie Gibson
Energy - what I have little of today. :-(
I woke up this morning with a pretty nasty cough and a wicked headache. But today being the start of Iowa Assessments, I dragged myself outta bed and went in. I'm supervising a student teacher for the next few weeks and he has taken over my classes, but I felt that since it was the first day of assessments, that I really needed to be there.
When I got there Zach, my student teacher, knew that I wasn't feeling well (I think the hacking cough might have given it away). I think he knew that I was gonna need to go home. I put in for a sub and my favorite one grabbed it immediately (felt blessed).
The morning passed, my sub showed up, and I headed to Wal-Mart for drugs and Powerade. I pretty much crawled into bed as soon as I got home and napped.
And napped HARD! (minds out of the gutter)
The meds and the sleep certainly helped as I awoke feeling much better, not 100%, but certainly a lot better than this morning.
Tomorrow I'll be taking my Mathletes to a competition, so I'll be out of the building all day. I'm always nervous for my kids before a competition, but we've prepared, so I know we'll be fine.
Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert
Out here in Cali you don't have to call in for a sub if you have a student teacher.
ReplyDeleteFeel better!!!
My partner won't let me take off when I'm sick. That's why I still have 37 days, and he's not happy those 3 days were used for a vacation.