In My Bag
| The gym bag is ready to go! |
I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door,
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.
But the dawn is breaking,
it's early morn,
the taxi's waiting He's blowin his horn.
Already I'm so lonesome I could die.
So kiss me and smile for me,
tell me that you'll wait for me,
hold me like you'll never let me go.
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
don't know when I'll be back again.
Oh, babe, I hate to go.
"Leaving On A Jet Plane"
- John Denver
I'm tired.
I spent 3 1/2 hours watching the Grammys. 3 1/2 hours that I won't be getting back. It was soooooooo boring! It felt like nothing but slow songs for the entire show. At least I won't have trouble getting to sleep.
I had a great afternoon visiting with my friend, Nate. We've only known one another for a little under a year and he's already one of my very best friends. He's someone that I have truly connected with and I've found it refreshing that I'm able to open up to him about anything.
One area that we've talked about a great deal is my goal to be in better shape. Nate is working with me to help me reach my health goal. He's taking courses through the local community college and I'm really encouraging him to explore counseling as he's a great listener and can see through bullshit pretty easily.
I've shared my goals with Nate and we talked today about how I can get there. It's not going to be easy and there are going to be bumps along the way, but I truly feel that this is the year. This week I'll be planning some things out and letting go of others. I'm excited to be starting on this journey.
Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert
Cool! I'm looking forward to progress reports! :)
ReplyDeleteAlways remember: progress, not perfection! We can see progress happening bit by bit and be encouraged to continue. Thinking only about perfection discourages and defeats us. Go get 'em! And realize that you are getting 'em every day that you work toward a goal of happiness and life and laughter. That stuff lasts and is worth the effort. Thus endeth the unsolicited sermon!
ReplyDeleteIts great that you have someone to encourage you and motivate you when you don't feel like doing it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIsn't finding a friend like that wonderful? I know it has been for me!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay