Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Reflection

Reflection

A little candle and mirror action. 
Through the mirror of my mind
Time after time
I see reflections of you and me.

Reflections of
The way life used to be
Reflections of
The love you took from me.

Oh, I'm all alone now
No love to shield me
Trapped in a world
That's a distorted reality.

Happiness you took from me
And left me alone
With only memories.

"Reflections"
- The Supremes

Well this morning I hit the wall. I didn't sleep well at all and when my alarm went off at 4:50 this morning, I knew I was not in good shape. I got out of bed and was unsteady on my feet. I knew that if I wasn't at least awake, that I might end up hurting myself at the gym.

So I made the decision to sleep in, and it paid off. I was able to at least get some shut eye and it kept me functional at school.

We also had a snow system move through today which caused the district to let school out at 1:30, so I was able to come home and take a long needed nap. Of course, that means I also get to go out and shovel tonight, so that missed gym visit will be made up for.

Speaking of snow shoveling, it's time go out and get busy.

Love you Awesome Nerds,
Robert

3 comments:

  1. Great song choice.

    Shoveling snow? I'm so glad that we rarely get moire than a foot here though, Tuesday we got .... wait for it ... half an inch and the town shut itself down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture. I don't know how much y'all got, we have about 6" on the ground, though it is well above freezing, and thus melting quickly. I did get the day off from work and schools are closed. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete