Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Reward

Reward

My reward for losing weight
Father I didn't really know you
Mother you are so very far away from me
Hopeless birthdays made me cry
My heart kept saying, "it's alright"
Obviously, that's the way it was meant to be.

Now I know
There was a reason for it all
And I am not lonely any more
I got my reward
That's why I am loved.

I have you
A lover and a friend
You are everything I need
You are the sun, the air I breathe
Without you, life wouldn't be the same
Please never go away
And if you go then don't forget to take me with you. 

"Reward"
- Basia

I think of a reward as something you get for doing positive things. I bought the shirt in the photo as a reward for myself, but I haven't worn it yet.

And there's a reason - I don't feel I've earned it yet.

Stepping on the scale this morning I saw 237.  Ugh.  I've made the decision not to wear the shirt until I see less than 220.

I know, weight is just a number, but it's a goal.

Tomorrow will be the first day for me on the bike trainer.  I've had stuff going on every day and haven't had a chance to break it in yet.  I'm excited to get started.

I promise a photo of me in the shirt when I reach that magic number.

Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert

11 comments:

  1. My present has been waiting for 2 years...ugh...

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart man to buy the reward now and have it hanging there as an encouraging reminder! Totally waiting to see the photo of you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll get to see that photo sooner rather than later. :-)

      Delete
  3. It's *so* much easier to lose weight by lifting, even small amounts, compared to cardio. I think one study said one hour of weight lifting was equivalent to four hours of cardio.

    Go Giants!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine is building a workout plan for me. I'm excited to get started on it!

      Delete
  4. Maybe you should have a BMI goal -- under 25 is considered normal. However, when we designed the wellness program at my company we give the points to anyone with BMI under 30 (over 30 is clinical definition of obesity) as hardly anyone could meet the goal of 25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually look at my body fat percentage as a good gauge of how I'm doing. Looking at my BMI, I am classified as Obese. It's not a good feeling.

      Delete
  5. New clothes is the perfect reward for loosing weight. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, once I reach my big goal, I wanna travel to see MAC down in Texas so he can help me as a personal shopper. :-)

      Delete