This Inspires Me
On the avenue, there ain't no curfew, ladies work so hard
Such a melting pot, on the corner selling rock, preachers pray to God
Hail a gypsy cab, takes me down from Harlem to the Brooklyn Bridge
Some will sleep tonight with a hunger for more than an empty fridge.
I'ma make it by any means, I got a pocketful of dreams
Baby I'm from New York
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in New York!
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Hear it for New York, New York, New York!!!!!
"Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
- Alicia Keys
I love this quote, and while I don't use it all the time, it resonates with me.
On Monday, I take that first big step. My friend Nate, who is also a huge inspiration to me, is coaching me on becoming healthier. He is my sherpa and I've committed to giving him 100% effort. He's gonna call me on any bullshit and encourage me throughout. He's promised me that I'm going to hate him at times, and I'm okay with that.
I'll be honest. I'm scared.
I've tried and failed so many times before that there's always this little voice inside my head telling me that I can't do this.
Nate and I had a long heart-to-heart about what my goals, fears, anxieties and dreams were about being healthier. It was one of the most honest conversations I've had in a long time. Nate reassured me that my concerns and fears were valid and that we would deal with them.
I'm starting on Monday. But this week I've had homework to do to prep.
More about that later. :-)
Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert
I have confidence in you, and I know from my experience that it is a big help to have someone help me and hold me accountable. Hope it works for you, too!
ReplyDeleteYou CAN do this! I did once, then backslid. I need a new Chad (my Nate)!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay