Part of Me
| A freshly pressed shirt is a thing of beauty. |
(In your eyes) I can see a new horizon
(Realize) that will keep me realizin'
You're the biggest part of me.
(Stay the night) need your lovin' here beside me
(Shine the light) need you close enough to guide me
(All my life) I've been hopin' you would find me
You're the biggest part of me.
Well, make a wish baby
Well and I will make it come true
Make a list baby
Of the things I'll do for you
Ain't no risk now
In lettin' my love rain down on you
So we can wash away the past
So that we may start anew.
"Biggest Part of Me"
- Ambrosia
There's something about ironing that is so soothing and comforting to me. I just love the way a dress shirt looks and feels after being pressed.
No, I don't use any starch.
It's funny because I used to not iron my dress shirts - I was a hot mess. But then something changed.
I don't know what it was, but suddenly I wanted my shirts to look nice, to feel nice.
But alas, my dress shirts are looking kinda, well, ratty. I've had them for a long time and I know I need to buy new ones. I'm hoping that my weight loss will allow me to buy smaller ones than the XXL ones that I wear presently.
But tomorrow is another day and I need my sleep.
Love you Awesome Nerds,
Robert
I never ironed my shirts until one of my gay friends, who always looked very neat, pointed out what a difference it made. Tom used to iron my shirts for me, but then he got busy about his own life -- and who said he could do that, I ask you? -- and I had to do them myself. It became a restful routine, one I miss now that I no longer work and need to look sharp.
ReplyDeleteI sent that neat friend a birthday card once that depicted a sexy shirtless man in his boxers ironing a shirt. The outside of the card said, "The good news ladies is that there are men who will iron their own clothes."
Inside it said: "You already know the bad news."
I like a neat ironed shirt too......but I hate doing it.
ReplyDelete