Saturday, October 5, 2013

Clarity


It's been a while since I've been to the gym. Lots of excuses - NONE of them valid.

I played rec league volleyball last night (we're back playing indoor now) and I realized that I really want to be in better shape, plus one of my very best friends is getting married in May and I want to look my best for it.

This morning I went to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical.  It felt great.  I was amazed at how clear my mind was while I was on the machine. Everything - my problems, fears, hangups - just went away. All I could focus on was the music on my iphone and how my body was feeling.  

Not wanting to over do it, I didn't push myself any further. I play volleyball again tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it. Yes, we're in the B+ league again (which means we get our asses handed to us on a regular basis), but I love playing.


9 comments:

  1. I started walking again this week. I agree, excercising does bring balance to your life. It gives you an outlet for your stress and it gives you an energy boost. Keep it up!!!

    Have A Great Weekend!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great day after working out. I'm seriously thinking about starting my day off with it. Getting to the gym BEFORE going to school.

      Congrats on the walking! :-)

      Delete
  2. YOU CAN DO IT, ROBERT! 3x/week/30 minutes for my 3rd year now at the gym. best thing I ever did for myself.

    have not been this past week due to my new friend, mr. pneumonia. as soon as I get the MD clearance, back I go.

    PS - a rather woofy pix there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! Feel better soon!

      (and thanks for the woof.....stroking my ego...teehee)

      Delete
  3. Exercise is often the best medicine, and the most underrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is. Plus the eye candy in the gym isn't bad either. :-D

      Thanks for reading my blog. Hope you enjoy it. :-)

      Delete
  4. I too love playing volleyball. I haven't played in years. Now you've got me thinking...perhaps now's the time to start up again. Glad to hear you enjoyed your gym workout too. I'm sure you'll look dapper for the May wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Volleyball is the one sport I'm actually comfortable playing. I'm glad you've discovered my blog. I'm looking forward to checking yours out as well. :-)

      Delete
  5. I've got to get back to it myself! I can feel me losing all the last year's gains (and losses, as in pounds). So I will dedicate myself to it again, and get going regularly.

    Good for you on getting going yourself! I know it makes a great difference, and for sure, your mind just clears. I love it!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete