Today is Spirit Day, a chance to show support for LGBT youth by wearing purple. I'll be wearing purple in my classroom (pictures will be posted later). In addition, I sent out an email to all of our staff at the school encouraging them to wear purple as well. I'm hopeful to see my coworkers supporting the cause as well.
A Spirit Day memory that stands out for me is the very first day back in 2010.
One of our very best friends was on the Iowa State Women's Basketball team. On Spirit Day 2010, she was attending the Big XII Media Day. I watched a video of her interview and noticed that she was wearing a purple sweater. The following is a transcript of my text conversation with her.
Me: Hey there. Great interview tonight.
Her: Thanks. :-)
Me: I noticed you were wearing a purple sweater.
Her: Mmmhmm.
Me: Do you know what day it is?
Her: Yup. Spirit Day. :-)
Me: I love you.
Her: I love you too.
I had absolutely no idea that she was going to do that and couldn't have been prouder.
I'm going purple today!!!
ReplyDeleteI wore purple today! Purple shirt AND purple boxers!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay