Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Selfie - The Weekend That Was



Today's selfie was taken just before my rec league volleyball match. It's been a scruffy kinda weekend.
Friday night was full of soccer and gays.  LOL  I met a friend of mine to watch the US Men's National Team beat Jamaica 2-0. Then it was off to a "gay guy" dinner that an acquaintance throws once a month. It's a chance for the gay community in Ames to gather for food and drink.  It can be enjoyable, but at the same time a reminder that I often find myself the square peg trying to fit in the round hole of the gay community (insert inappropriate comment here). 

Saturday featured a quick trip to the gym and an afternoon of college football.  We ventured over to Hilton Coliseum to see the ISU volleyball team defeat West Virginia 3-0. Dinner followed at our local Japanese restaurant where I partook in a little sushi eating (the leftovers this morning were delicious). 
Today has been all about getting schoolwork done (grading papers, lesson plans, etc) with a break in-between for volleyball. We lost both matches and I didn't feel like I played particularly well. 

But tomorrow is another day. Time to get busy and get ready for it.  :-]


3 comments:

  1. My weekend was pretty much rained out. So I did nothing. At least you had a good time! And, you beat WVU!!!! YAY ISU!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH... sports talk. I'm totally lost. ;-)

    Sounds like a busy weekend! You're not off for Columbus Day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever had Columbus Day off. LOL Totally foreign concept. My next day off won't be until November after we finish up with parent / teacher conferences.

      Off to the trenches!

      Delete