Saturday, October 12, 2013

Trying Something New


This week I tried something new - and I liked it. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I got up early and went to the gym BEFORE I went to work.

This required some planning on my part as I had to get my stuff together the night before. The next morning all I would have to do is throw on my workout clothes and brush my teeth (no one wants to workout with fuzzy teeth).

Not Me - But maybe in the future. 
Waking up a little before 6, I dressed and headed out. My goal this week was simply to get there and do something. The elliptical machine called my names and I completed 3 35-minute workouts. I have to say, it felt really good getting my exercise in early. The physical activity woke me up and that clarity that I had previously blogged about returned each time.

I'm confident that this is going to become a habit and that my overall health will continue to improve. My next hurdle is my diet. But that's another post, for another time.

Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Very cool! I really ought to do the same thing. But oh good golly, I just can't seem to get up that early!

    Diet is mostly no fast food, and portion control. We in America have a warped idea of what constitutes a proper portion of food. If you eat decent foods, and the right portion sizes, you'll be healthier!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made a big difference for me in the morning. I feel much more awake for my early classes.

      Diet has always been an issue for me. I'm a stress eater as well as a fast food junky.

      Delete
  2. AWESOME! I've been looking into Cross Fit. Have you ever tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a program here in Ames called Extreme Body Shaping. I got about halfway through the program and then my lower back told me I had to stop. Turned out I had a bulging disc in my lower back that I needed physical therapy on. It's been an issue that I've been battling ever since.

      Delete
    2. But watching the CrossFit games on ESPN is an equivalent to soft-core porn. :-)

      Delete